Friday, October 8, 2010

Welcome to my Art Gallery

Footprint
The footprint project is a way for students and their teacher to introduce themselves to each other. It should include things that you are good at or enjoy doing. At least three different types of media should be used to create this project. This footprint describes me as a person. I choose to trace my foot on purple paper because it is my favorite color. I traced my left foot because I am left handed. The book entitled The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants  represent the fact that I like to read and that I work at the Alexander Mitchell Public Library. The gingerbread boy with the candy cane represents that I like to cook and bake and that I also like the Christmas season. The cross represents that my faith is important to me. The word "Family" is a reminder of how important my family is to me and how much I love them. The green tree represents my love for the outdoors and that I enjoy visiting the Black Hills. I put a picture of two children playing with a basket to represent my love for children and that I want to be an elementary school teacher. Finally, the road that winds thorough the background of the footprint is to represent my love for traveling.
Extension Activity:
There are many different ways to get to know your students. An activity would be to have the students trace one of their hands. On each finger they would write and/or draw one thing they are good at or enjoy doing with their hands (ex. sewing, fixing cars). You would  not have the students put their names on them and you as a teacher would have to guess whose was whose based on what they wrote or drew. 

No comments:

Post a Comment