Thursday, November 11, 2010

Starry Night Finger Painting

Starry Night Finger Painting
Description:

This project was based on Vincent van Gogh's artwork "Starry Night." We were to create a finger painting using his style of painting (lines, smoothness, etc.) I choose to make my own version of "Starry Night," so this is my interpretation of van Gogh's piece. I used the primary colors and mixed them with black and white my fingers to created the shades and tints in my picture. I decided to not put as much detail into the city part of the piece and focused more on the sky because that is my favorite part of this piece. 

Extension Activity:
There are many different extension activities that could be done based on this project. One activity would be to show the students a variety of different artists and their works and have the students pick one that is appealing to them. Students would then create a version of one of that artist's works and tell why they picked it. Examples of why a student would pick an artist could include the colors they use or if it is abstract or realistic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment